Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fulfilling Bruises


When I first got together with my husband, I had bruises on my knees. We both had no idea why, but it had been a very long night of all foreplay, and no sex. Literally, all night long. So I shrugged my shoulders at the unknown source of the bruises, but he worried that I bruised easily.

A year later…As a professional, he marked me on the neck: a small hickey, but one that I had to cover in makeup and hair, and I was extremely upset over it. I cannot have a visible mark on me for my career, especially a teenage-ridden one. He remembered to be more careful from then on.

And later…With our more passionate lovemaking, I would often have finger bruises on my thighs. I loved these marks, small little marks that often I was only aware of, a secret reminder of our time together. The marks became more numerous if we saw each other for any length of time, and I marveled how dark they could get, how lovely they looked against my milky thighs.

When we would wrestle, I would sometimes bruise, mostly it was me bruising myself trying to get the upper advantage, occasionally on my wrist from him managing to pin me down. I loved these playful moments; he always worried about me getting hurt.
I am so much shorter than him (over a foot), and he outweighs me almost double. I am grateful for his concern, but….

I wanted him to spank me. We had already learned I liked my nipples played with rough, orgasm harder from rougher sex, and my hair tugged. But when I asked him to spank me, it was lightly. It didn’t do the job that I wanted, that I was curious about. He was scared to mark me, to hurt me, to bruise.

Just like the finger bruising, or the sore nipples, I wanted to both see and feel our time together, even after the fact. I wanted to be reminded of it. I wanted to savor it.

It took a lot of talking, reassuring, instructing, demanding to get where he finally smacked my ass to sting. We both marveled over how red, how we could see his hand and finger imprints. It felt so deliciously warm to the touch; I smiled and even giggled when I kept looking back to see it. Sadly, it didn’t last throughout the night, but he was so worried about spanking me that hard, I worried not only what it would take to get it to bruise (and if I would even like it), but more how I was going to convince him to go even harder. I was working against his own preconceived notions, and society's, of never to intentionally hurt a woman. But it was kink/pleasure, and at my consent; he needed to see it differently.

My loving husband, who protected me and sheltered me, who thought I bruised so easily, so was cautious about marks (my point was visible marks, but he was still cautious), was now being asked to bruise me – someone much smaller than him.

It went against his protective nature, but fortunately for me, his nature is ultimately to please me. He is truly a lover that is flexible, adaptable, and open-minded. And we did finally accomplish a bruised and marked ass (which I was thrilled about, but that experience also taught us limits and timing on spanking). Since then, I’ve asked for much more from him.

I am such a lucky wife, that I married a man who is changing and evolving with me to keep our sex life interesting and new. That if I become curious, I feel comfortable enough to discuss it with him; or vice versa. And if we are ever uncomfortable with a suggestion, we simply don’t do it or discuss our way to comfortable at a much later date.  

Many married couples do not share their fantasies with each other; we not only share ours, but do our best to fulfill them. Even if that means bruising.

Not all marks are visible; he has left so many invisible, deeply imbedded traces throughout the years, and those are certainly savored, cherished, felt, and loved.

9 comments:

  1. The story of your journey together is a beautiful one. Thank you for this heartfelt post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar thing with my wife; taking the first step onto more serious S/M was a "hurdle": she works in a caring profession and she thought that any violence towards a partner was domestic violence.

    But now it is part of our sex life; I enjoy it more than she does from a sexual viewpoint, but I there is always a wry grin from her when she is doing it. It has brought us closer together; much closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky indeed :)

    ~Kazi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're indeed lucky, and both of you are quite open and willing to try things which is what a great sex life is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a lovely story, with a fantastic-sounding relationship x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story :)

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. a very touching share...it's wonderful to know that you both can communicate your wants & needs, there are so many couples out there that can't for what ever reason. This is always great to read posts like this, very positive & loving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to his concerns. Often it's hard to cross that societal barrier the first few times even when asked to. Sounds like you guys have a great relationship and are well past that now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a powerful post, I love how you talk about your journey together

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete